Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hooray!

above: i took this picture of him while we were getting ready in the morning. he didn't know i took it! hehe

So if you have been reading my entries, you know that Jacob had an interview with a lighting company a couple of weeks ago. Well, this past week was his first week working there, and I was so excited for him because he got to wear his business casual attire, rather than cargo shorts and shirts covered with texture. I love the way he looks in a nice shirt and tie (and pants, duh). So Jacob now works for Tivoli Lighting as one of the sales reps. I think there are only 3 or 4 of them, so this is a pretty big deal! Tivoli handles all the crazy, awesome lighting you see in casinos, movie theaters, halls, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the spectrum lighting! That's how cool they are! Haha (sorry about the bragging-- I'm just really proud of Jacob!)

On Thursday the CEO and Director of Sales asked him to go to China to finalize a deal with one of the companies there. CHINA!!! I know, I couldn't believe my eyes either! (I say 'eyes' because he texted me this info). Anyway, I was so ecstatic that he has the opportunity to go there! I went there when I was a junior in high school with the orchestra and it was so much fun! But of course, Jacob will be going there for business... It's a short trip (like all the other trips he's made to Lompoc), but it still feels like forever to me. He'll be in Macau, China, which is pretty much on the bottom edge area of China (on the right next to Hong Kong). 

1 comment:

Joy said...

whoo hoo CHINA! exciting!!! tell jacob i say congrats! that is wayyyy awesome!