Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tom & Liza's Wedding

This last weekend my cousin Liza and her fiance Tom got married in Vegas! Liza is actually my mom's first cousin, but because she is so close to my age (only a year older than me), I say she's my cousin :) So here's the story!

My dad occasionally eats dinner at the local pool hall, where Tom Grunkemeyer eats also. I guess they met there...I dunno. But anyway, they're good friends :) Tom is ...i think 31? Anyway, they hang out there often. One day my dad decided to hook up Tom (who is single) with Liza (also single)! They would go on double dates with my parents lol, but of course, my parents eventually left Tom and Liza alone so they could spend time with each other and get to know each other! Long story short, they've been dating for over a month, he proposed on Sunday (Sept 13th), and they got married a week later on Sept. 20th in Vegas! 

Jacob and I hung out with them a few days before we all left for Vegas. They are so fun to b with! We took a few pictures of them so they could have some "engagement" pics :D (since it was a short engagement)! A lot of the pictures came out dark because it was so late in the day and the sun was quickly fading away :( But Vegas was absolutely fun! I think this is the most fun I've ever had in Las Vegas because it was the first time Jacob and I went together! (I've gone so many times with my family for the 4th of July). Jacob and I stayed at South Point Hotel & Casino. It's beautiful there. It's one of the newer hotels.... and thanks to my Uncle George for being so influential in Vegas, we got to stay in the hotel for only $129 something! (compared to $229! Jacob and I also went to watch The Lion King at the Luxor Hotel. It was AMAZING! I want to see it again! That's how great it was! Anyway, here are pictures of Tom and Liza! 




Liza's parents are in the Philippines, so my dad got to walk her down the isle! 
Aren't they cute!?
Everyone's laughing because right before the wedding started, my dad told Tom "remember, it's HER LEFT hand!" Well, when it came down to exchanging rings, Tom went for her right hand lol


Love this picture! So passionate! ..That's how all kisses should be!
Here are a few candid shots

The Matchmakers: Cupid and his wife lol

No comments: