On Sunday, April 25th, 2010, my cousin's life was cut short. Her name was Lulubell Ellis-- she went by "Lu". Her mom and my mom are sisters. She was the oldest of all our cousins. She died of heart failure. It was unexpected and when I found out, I felt like I got the wind knocked out of me. It actually didn't register in my head until later that evening when Jacob and I were sitting on the couch and I just started balling. I hope she wasn't in pain before she died. And I hope she knew we all loved her so much.
My family hasn't suffered a loss like this since 2000 when our Grandpa died. At that time, I hadn't found the church. I was suffering in my own trials of depression and I was so lost and didn't have any beliefs of the afterlife. But now, as a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I'm grateful for the gospel and for the knowledge that we have, that we'll all be together again someday. It makes me sad to think Lu was so far away from the rest of our family. She was in Florida, while the rest of us are were in California. I always felt bad, thinking she was alone or felt alone because she didn't have family with her except her mom... but I'm glad Lu isn't alone anymore where she is now.
We miss you, Lu and we all love you so very much. You are (and always have been) in our hearts. God be with you till we meet again
My family hasn't suffered a loss like this since 2000 when our Grandpa died. At that time, I hadn't found the church. I was suffering in my own trials of depression and I was so lost and didn't have any beliefs of the afterlife. But now, as a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I'm grateful for the gospel and for the knowledge that we have, that we'll all be together again someday. It makes me sad to think Lu was so far away from the rest of our family. She was in Florida, while the rest of us are were in California. I always felt bad, thinking she was alone or felt alone because she didn't have family with her except her mom... but I'm glad Lu isn't alone anymore where she is now.
We miss you, Lu and we all love you so very much. You are (and always have been) in our hearts. God be with you till we meet again


No comments:
Post a Comment