Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cake Decorating...

Here's a clip of Buddy making the boat cake
So last year Jacob and I started watching this show on TLC called Cake Boss. It's made me want to learn how to decorate cakes! I have been looking online for a cake decorating class I can take here in Murrieta and I finally found a place called The Cake Cottage. It is owned by a woman named Susan Carberry (I almost wanna say carburetor!). She sells cake decorating tools/supplies and offers classes at a very low cost! The first class starts June 9th, and is every Wednesday for 4 weeks! And it starts 6:30pm, which should give me enough time to come home from work (from rancho santa margarita). Anyway, my goal is to become good a cake decorater so I can make something like THIS for Jacob!
Pretty simple looking... but I'm gonna be safe and take the class-- better to have experience than none! This cake is not made by the Cake Boss...I found it online!

3 comments:

Emmy said...

My girlfriend took a class at Michael's a few years ago and now wins contests all over the U.S. and owns her own bakery! Can't wait to see what competition you'll win, Miss Crafty!!! :)

Krischelle said...

sweet!!! I'd like to see where this cake decorating takes me if i end up having a gift for it.. :D

Unknown said...

I've been into cakes lately too! But mostly getting them to taste right before decorating them! haha! The decorating is the fun part by far!